Data required under § 5 Telemedia Act (TMG) and under § Data Provision Rules (DL-Info-V):
Prof. Dr. Neumann, Nasdal, Wegner GbR, Kurfürstendamm 64, D-10707 Berlin
Contact: Tel.: +49 30 884 201-1, Fax: +49 30 884 201-20
Persons with authority to represent the Partnership:
1. Prof. Dr. Manfred J. Neumann, Solicitor and former Notary, Specialist Lawyer for Tax Law
2. Eckart Wegner, Solicitor and Notary
3. Reinhard Nasdal, Solicitor and Notary
All solicitors belonging to and working for this firm have been admitted in the Federal Republic of Germany and are members of the Berlin Bar. If they are also Notaries (Nasdal, Wegner) they also members of the Notaries’ Association of Berlin. All professional titles were granted in Germany.
Responsible Professional and Supervisory Bodies:
Berlin Bar, Littenstraße 9, 10179 Berlin
Telephone: 030 / 306 93 1 – 0
Telefax: 030 / 306 931 – 99
Tax Consultants’ Association of Berlin, Wichmannstr. 6, 10787 Berlin
Telephone: 030 / 889261-0
Telefax: 030 / 889261-10
Notaries’ Association of Berlin, Littenstraße 10, 10179 Berlin
Telephone: 030 / 24 62 90 – 0
Telefax: 030 / 24 62 90 – 25
The Notaries are also subject to the supervision of the President of the Berlin Regional Court, Littenstr. Office, 10174 Berlin
Essentially, the following regulations and professional codes of practice apply:
- Federal Lawyers Act (BRAO)
- Rules of Professional Practice (BORA)
- Specialist Lawyers’ Rules (FAO)
- Lawyers’ Remuneration Act (RVG)
- Code of Conduct for Lawyers in The European Union (CCBE)
All regulations may be accessed via the Federal Bar web page (www.brak.de)under the heading “Berufsrecht” in German and English versions.
- Federal Notaries Act (BNotO)
- Notarisation Act (BeurkG)
- Court and Notarial Fees Act (GNotKG)
- Notaries’ Service Rules (DONot)
- Berlin Notaries’ Association Guidelines
- European Codex on Notarial Status
- European Charter on organised crime
The professional regulations may be accessed via the Federal Notaries’ Association web page (www.bnotk.de) under the heading “Berufsrecht” and the Berlin Notaries’ Association Guidelines via www.berliner-notarkammer.de
- Tax Consultants’ Act (StBerG)
- Regulations on Compliance with the Provisions on Tax Consultants, Tax Agents and Tax Consultancy Firms (DVStB)
- Tax Consultants’ Remuneration Act (StBVV)
- Rules of Professional Practice of the Federal Tax Consultants’ Association (BOStB)
You can find these professional regulations via the Federal Tax Consultants’ Association website at www.bstbk.de.
Lawyers are forbidden to accept conflicting instructions by their professional regulations (43a (4) BRAO). Before accepting instructions, a check for any conflict is always made.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
In the event of disputes between lawyers and their clients it is possible to apply to the Berlin Bar for alternative dispute resolution (under § 73 (2) no. 3 together with § 73 (5) BRAO,) or to the Bar Conciliation Office of the Federal Bar (§ 191 f. BRAO)
We also refer you to the EU’s platform on out-of-court online dispute resolution: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Lawyers, Notaries and Tax Consultants are insured for professional indemnity purposes with:
HDI Versicherung AG, HDI-Platz 1, 30659 Hannover
1. The geographical scope of insurance cover for Lawyers, Notaries and Tax Consultants includes services in Germany.
2. Liability claims from activities are insured in other European countries:
(1) in connection with counselling and dealing with European law;
(2) of the lawyer before European courts.
3. Worldwide in the amount of the legally prescribed minimum insurance sum for liability claims from the claim of the policyholder before non-European courts.
4. Insurance cover does not apply to liability claims arising from activities through law firms or offices established or maintained abroad.
Insurance cover for lawyers and tax advisors at least meets the requirements of
§ 51 Federal Lawyers’ Act (BRAO) or
§ 67 Tax Consultants’ Act (StBerG) together with § 51 et seq. of the Regulations on Compliance with the Provisions on Tax Consultants, Tax Agents and Tax Consultancy Firms (DVStB) or
The Notaries’ professional indemnity insurance at least satisfy the requirements under § 19 a BNotO.
Person responsible for the publications and other information accessible on this site:
Eckart Wegner, Rechtsanwalt und Notar,
c/o Prof. Dr. Neumann, Nasdal, Wegner GbR,
Liability for links:
We always try to keep the internal and external content of this site up to date. No liability can be accepted for information or statements on websites linked to this website.
The contents and works on this website created by the operators thereof are subject to German copyright law. The copying, editing, distribution and any variety of exploitation beyond the limits of copyright law require the written consent of the applicable author or creator. Downloads and copies of this page are only permitted for private, not commercial use. In so far as the content of this website has not been created by the operator, the copyright of third parties has been taken into account. In particular, third party content has been marked as such. Should you nevertheless find that there has been an infringement of copyright we would ask to be informed. Once aware of any infringement of the law we shall immediately remove such content.